SEG20 Annual Meeting
GEOPHYSICAL BUSINESS CLIMATE IN AFRICA
Tuesday, 13 October, 8:30 a.m.–10:30 a.m.
- N.J. Ayuk, Executive Chairman, Africa Energy Chamber
- John Shinol, Vice President Geoscience, Kosmos Energy
- Wadii El Karkouri, Vice President, WesternGeco Europe and Africa
- Thomas Obidairo, Vice President Multiclient – EAMK, CGG
- Reginal Spiller, former DoE, Azimuth Energy Investment LLC
- Michael A. Aryeetey, Manager for Exploration and Appraisal, Ghana National Petroleum Corporation
- Ross Compton, EAME Consultant, International Association of Geophysical Consultants
- Elive Menyoli, Emerson Automation Solutions
- Kevin Woller, Consultant
Despite significant cuts in exploration spending in some regions, major exploration and development activities continue in West, South, and East Africa, with major discoveries in Senegal, Mauritania, Nigeria, South Africa, and Mozambique. This session will bring together expert panelists from the region to examine the economic impact of applied geophysics to their bottom line. Panelists will discuss how geophysical profitability is affected by regulatory constraints, community and national engagement, and operations.